PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Resident (Non-HK) Not Eligible for CPP: Looking Into CX
Old 9th Mar 2007, 00:37
MrAnthonyWong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
US Resident (Non-HK) Not Eligible for CPP: Looking Into CX

I am at the moment coming on 16 y/o (12 more days). I don't know if I am just planning too early, but to sum it up I am an aviation enthusiast.

I have been around flight sim since FS98->FS2004. Now not just stick in the cockpit hit the startup button and taxi on the grass way. I have sat down using the most intricate equipment that resemble real-life equipment as best as possible. (PMDG/RFP) and have gone through Real-Like start-up procedure as well as FMC Operation, SID/STARS, the whole shebang. I see that at my age I am quite knowledgeable in the field. I see myself as a HUGE aviation enthusiast. I have read through hundreds of pages of training manuals for various aircraft learning the ins/outs.

I have been thinking hard in pursuing a career in aviation and maybe it's my family in HK or just all I have read about CX, but I see Cathay as my truly top choice in career. When I heard about the Cathay Pacific Pilot Program I was thrilled as I thought it was just the right thing for me when I hit 18. When I saw it was open to HK Residents only, I was depressed and quickly saddened.

From there I beleived the only path would be startin gon my own, flight school, etc. And try to build my career on that and hopefully one day reach the point where I could qualify to apply to CX as a SO.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me? At 16 I want to get some things planned before it's too late to make them. Thanks again.