PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue EBA
Thread: Virgin Blue EBA
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2007, 22:42
sinala1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, going by the FAAA document posted above, and quoted below:
Your roster was built to 133hrs and your final trip in the roster is a 35hr multi day trip. Earlier in the roster, delays totalled 6.5hrs and you agreed to work a further 1.5hrs above the single duty maximum – total 8hrs above your planned 133hrs. Your final trip has not been operated but your total hours actually performed before commencing this trip is 106hrs. 106hrs + the 35hr trip is projected to go above 140. You decide that you no longer wish to do the trip and you ring crewing the day before. You will become reassignable for the hours of the trip. Crewing will try to provide you with a replacement duty(ies) which is projected to reach your 130hrs and total under 140hrs. This may be in the form of single day duties or a replacement multi day trip. Should the replacement duty worked take you over 130hrs, then you will be paid roster overtime for all hours worked over 130. Should the replacement duty take your roster total to 130hrs or less, then you will be paid daily overtime for any duties in your roster which were greater than 10hrs:30mins
If I have worked say 5 12 hour days in my roster, which should equal 7.5 hours overtime, but my worked hours for that roster end up being 131 - Will I only get paid 1 hour overtime instead of 7.5??? Milbud are you able to provide clarification on this?
55. How are duty credit hours calculated for the roster build?
Approved leave credits calculated 130hrs ÷ 28 days = 4.6428hrs = 4hrs:38mins.
Standby credits calculated: 130hrs ÷ 18 possible work days = 7.2222hrs = 7hrs:13mins.
Performance monitoring: 5hrs per roster (pro rated with annual leave)
Why are Approved Leave (I am presuming this includes personal/sick leave) credits based on 28 days (particularly in reference to Sick leave, not annual leave)? Sick leave can still only be taken on a possible 18 work days - so sick leave credits should be 7hours 13mins
71. Can a single duty turn into a split duty?
Yes, although any additional unplanned hours must take all fatigue avoidance limitations and work rules into account for this to occur.

Up In The Clouds you are right - I can't believe I missed that - there is no reference to full time employees in that section!

737NG-Girl I hope everyone is taking as much time as you obviously have in reading this document and getting a full understanding of it. I too have come across crew who are under the misapprehension that meal allowances will be paid on day trips, which is not the case
Example 2:
S-on 0630 BNE-ADL 5hrs rest 1530 ADL-BNE S-off 1830
Planned total length sign-on to sign-off: 12hours
Duty limit maximum: 0630 s-on band, 2 sectors 12:30 + half 5hrs rest = 15:00
For the purposes of this example, let’s say planned duty time = actual duty time 12hrs.
Fatigue avoidance hours: 12hrs
Min rest following: 12hrs
Duty credit hours: 12hrs = rest 5hrs @1:1 because no accommodation
Overtime: 1.5hrs daily overtime payable if total roster 130hrs or less*
Allowances: Nil because same calendar day
Ignoring the other stuff about split duties for now, you can see that allowances are not paid on the same calender day for a single duty that does not include a layover.

Last edited by sinala1; 8th Mar 2007 at 23:53.