PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Did You Fly The Vulcan?? (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2007, 16:52
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
threeputt,

You remind me of a couple of Willie one's too.

My colleague in Waddo Ops flew a sortie and, as a Select Star nav rad chose a particularly small offset and got a commensurately small score.

"That offset was too small. If you weren't as experienced as you are you wouldn't have seen it."

I did a trip with him about '69 which means he was the SNRI for over 4 years. We did a particularly difficult sortie, I chose Dunkeswell as I knew they got little trade and liked to give good scores to encourage us to use them.

On one attack he gave me a shiftless basic. I had planned ahead to over fly the headland approaching Exter and my f*****g plotter miss it. Still got a good score.

Then we did a PD to St Mawgan. He was ex-Victors and as it was a radar check he went to sleep. As we flew to St Mawgan I did his job and mine, called every height check, checked the descent profile, the lot. In the debrief I got bollocked for poor crew cooperation - not me I hasten to add, the whole crew.

The plonker did not however debrief the Captain, Flt Cdr 35 desig, or my plotter, OC BNS 35 desig, as both were real sqn ldrs. He contented himself with writing me up or should I say down. B*gg*r didn't dare fail me though.