PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Did You Fly The Vulcan?? (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2007, 16:10
threeputt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JW

I knew there was something about him that I really didn't like...an ex sneck!!!! (Stands by for flack)
Aaaaargh! just looked in my log book, I've got his signature...twice.

The nasty, grumpy old piece of work did my FHT, in Nov 73, when he was SNRI on 230 OCU at Scampton. No one had passed one of his trips, first time, for about 18 months! My trip seemed to go OK but, then we get to the debrief, "You did this and this, this, this and that wrong but, you did this and this OK, so, on balance, we won't refly you!!!" Not "well done" or anything slightly encouraging....c$%t.

Back in the bar we are getting stuck in, it's about 1850 and himself walks into the bar, "Fred " say's I to the barman "a pint of .....for Sqn Ldr W***^&*s." JW then proceeds to give me a telling off for calling the barman by his first name! When I remonstrate with him (I was a Flt Lt after all) he invites me out of the bar into the foyer of the Scampton Mess and starts to read me the state of the world according to JW. Suitably told off I skulk back to the bar, chuntering to myself only to have him chase after me and throw me out for being incorrectly dressed (It's now 19.05 and I should have been in a sports jacket and slacks etc!)....you really couldn't make it up! What a complete to***r.

I don't know what special qualities he needed to be the SRNI but, a couple that he didn't have were leadership or a personality. A complete and utter knob.

Sorry about that but, it's been gripping me for 33 years!

Rant finished