PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TCAS safety deficiency and the AIPA, AFAP and GAPAN
Old 8th Mar 2007, 13:29
Scurvy.D.Dog
I'm in one of those moods

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bushy …. Yer absolutely right about the interior …. worked at TW for 3 years, saw a lot of the bush traffic, no doubt there are many more flying invaluable services that coastal dwellers rarely see or hear about!
… the lack of services … OK, empirically, cost outweighed benefit (supposedly) … but with today’s technology, IMHO its time we had another look … SOON!
… things is …. I think enough doomsayers rhetoric and unfortunate happenstances have scared numbers of the punters away …. It would be interesting to poll the general populous about their views on travelling in what they perceive is a light aircraft!
….we all know that flying in most any device (that is registered in someway or another) is still a better chance statically of reaching the intended destination than most else! … a lot of the punters I suspect do not!
… if they knew that each and every one of you knew where the other was (and you made sure it was advertised far and wide) , it would relieve some of their anxiety? …. this enhancement will eventually make the chances of those unexpected (****e what was that) occasions a thing of the past in all classes of airspace … a minimum of automated pilot to pilot alerting (augmented with eyes) .. for remote areas where ATS are not!
…. It is too important and valuable (safety wise) across all types of operations not to fund it in the national interest … isn’t it?
I see your point re the term GA …. should your sector be referred to as Non-Scheduled RPT or Light Commercial or some other (as long as calling you something else does not invite bean counters to charge you for other things )?
… so what do we do folks? …. can we get our collective industry ‘****e in one pile’ and get this happening?
.. what do you think Dick, Blogg’s, Ozbus, gaunty, bushy et al …. is it possible?
.. and for the record, I have not lived within 35nm (as the crow flies) of the coastline for 12 years!
Dog
P.S. Dick, .. when I read your last, I got this hilarious scene in my mind of you running around the camp fire in yer drawers, yodelling expletives, swatting out hot embers with your feet …. nothing mischievous about it I might add … just very very funny …. Glad you, the tent and the Jet’y were OK!