PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why are NATS so vague on their eyesight requirements during the application process?
Old 8th Mar 2007, 10:37
PPRuNeUser0162

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Why are NATS so vague on their eyesight requirements during the application process?

As per the title, I have recently applied to NATS for their ATCO course, only to get a rejection today because of my eyesight.
Now I did do as much research as I could and the NATS recruitment website itself only states that you're required to pass a class 1 medical once you are accepted, which I can.
I also searched the font of all knowledge (and that is said with all seriousness) which is Pprune and couldn't find anything specifying other than a class 1.
Now I have -4.25/-4.5 which I know is not great, but it's within class 1 medical limits, but following my e-mail I called H.R. and I have only now learnt that NATS have a policy of +/-3.5
So, all I would like to know is, why is this not mentioned (as H.R. didn't give me any information whatsoever on the phone) and why is this so strict?
Many thanks
Britboy

Last edited by PPRuNeUser0162; 8th Mar 2007 at 12:08. Reason: Slight clarification on contact with H.R. this morning