PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EMIRATES - Wannabees & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2007, 09:09
helfsich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
diannedec

The 5 week training course isn't really hard, it's just there's a lot of information to digest in a short period of time. If you're committed to studying for the tests and applying yourself in the simulator excercises then you should be fine. Even if you're not comfortable with a certain component you can request to be put back a week just to be sure. I found those that struggled the most in my class were those who's grasp of the English language wasn't as good as needed, so be sure you're comfortable with English, as there is quite a bit of technical information and terminology you're required to know.

You don't end up memorising the entire manual (esp if you're not Airbus 310 trained) but you're expected to know everything you get taught in college. Every briefing you should have to answer one SEP and one First Aid question and if you're totally clueless about things then you could risk having a report done. I know of at least one crew sent back to training college because he didn't participate in briefings.

By contrast, service training was the easiest 2 weeks I spent in college. Just make sure your lipstick is applied at all times and you're set. The hardest part about it is bar paperwork, and even then it's quite easy to master.

Pocket money should be enough to last you approx. 2 days in dubai for groceries and anything else you may need for induction (eg, iron, toaster, kettle.) Appliances can be quite cheap here. On your first day of induction you get 2000dh cash up front which comes out of your basic salary.

Things to bring - a big warm coat and a pair of jeans. For cold layovers.

Hope that explains things a little