PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue EBA
Thread: Virgin Blue EBA
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2007, 03:00
737NG_Girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just watched the EBA dvd... nice to see both the "give" and "take" sides of things fairly represented

"Take" includes:
- Min rest at home reduced to 12 hours, or 10 by your choice (gaurenteed bid option for 12 months of 15 hours rest at home - I still see this reduction of rest as a backwards step in conditions)
- First year f/a's recieve only 15 days personal leave instead of current 20
- Potential introduction of fixed term cabin crew (a'la Qantas Strikebreakers on 3 month contracts)
- 3 hours notice now required when calling in sick, instead of current 2 horus
- No crew meals (some may see this as a benefit but not me!); and meal allowances ARE NOT paid on day trips (some crew think they are)
- As per section 5.1.5(b) if you take sick leave over your uncertified days, and don't provide med cert etc within 7 days of returning to work, you will NOT be paid for the time off, AND your sick leave accrual gets deducted!!
- Have to pay for own passports and any visas the company requires us to have
- Temporary base transfers with no clear info regarding accomodation and allowances during the transfer
- Clause 2.2.7 allows VB to introduce pairings outside (longer than) the duty limits set, provided FAAA approves (SYD-PER or BNE-PER returns, anyone )
- Clause 2.2.3 allows VB to makes changes to the EBA in consultation with the FAAA in regards to Embraer introduction
- Clause 3.3.3 says "you may be REQUIRED" to act up, as opposed to now where we can say No
- Casual Cabin Crew to get paid more per hour than CS's
- Optional days ARE NOT the new "Available Days". There IS still home standby, for which you DO NOT get paid on a callout.
- Overtime paid now when you extend past 10.5 hours instead of current 9 hours.
- Clause 4.2.9 (iv) Overtime NOT paid when you work on an optional day or day off
- We now get 12 weeks paid maternity leave at half rate on full salary - although the rumours said it was going to be 12 weeks at full pay (galley gossip I guess) but the bit that my b/f is pissed about is if he takes paternity leave, its paid only on his BASE salary - not including annualised allowances
- Introduction of full standby rosters
- Clause 6.4.4(d) Non-credit training days ( ) limited to 9 hours, but that does not include time spent positioning to undertake such duties eg you could pax to BNE for training, have 9 hours there, then pax back
- I wont even begin to talk about Operations Tables 1 & 2
- Clause 6.5.5 You can agree to work 2 hours beyond the limitations set out in Operations Table 2 ("Hi, Sandy, yeah its crewing here... No pressure hon but the flights are going to be cancelled if you dont agree... yeah I know you have already operated 12 hours, but its just one more sector, think of all hugs and gratitude you will get from the pax for agreeing")
- Yes the limits on the numbers of earlies etc sounds good, until you read Clauses 6.7.2 which pretty much allows you to do 5 in a row anyway - provided certain conditions are met - but its really not too different to what we have now!
- Clause 6.10(f) We can agree to have rostered days off downroute??
- Clause 6.15(b) Home standby does not have to have an indicated time! You can be told up to the day before!!!
- Clause 6.15(o) If you have a single standby then a trip starting after, you can be forcibly displaced from the trip and put onto an overnight. Currently, if you have a single standby day, you can only be put onto an overnight trip by agreement.
- Clause 6.15(t) Operations Table 2 applies when you are on home standby - ie you can work longer (up to 13 1/2 hours) than a standard rostered duty - plus 2 hours extension by agreement!
- Clause 6.17(h) Airport standby can be extended WHILST you are on standby!!!
- Operations table 2 also applies to Airport Reserve, calculated from the time you signed on for airport
- Clause 6.27(g & h) Split duties with rest of 5 hours or less can have that rest taken ON THE AIRCRAFT! Mmm... I know I will be feeling fresh as a daisy after 5 hours resting on the aircraft

Sorry if thats a bit detailed, but so many CS's are telling me to vote no - I wanted to decide for myself - which, I now have. I know MEL is a younger base, but I will be encouraging other crew to actually read this and understand the profound effects its going to have. I was not here for the last EBA vote, but apparently it got pretty bitchy from what I have been told!

I heard on my last trip that the cost of the salary increases costs less than the savings they made when they took a crewmember off the -800 ( ), so I did some calculations myself - and yes, its true.

Yes it is good with more part time slots, I want to have kids soon so thats a positive.

The CS gainshare does not inspire me to want to become CS. 2 % of base salary? They should get paid a fair bit more than crew...

Rant over

Vote NO.