PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No Equity Aircraft Groups
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2007, 13:59
englishal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No equity groups can prove useful.....I was in one once for a few years (not the one mentioned I must say).

You do get to fly better kit for about the same money as a club Warrior (not much cheaper in my view). I could fly an IFR equipped Dakota (not DC3 ), TB10 or Archer, in good nick with GPS for the same price as a knackered club warrior 140. You also can get to take them away for extended periods with no minimum hours to fly.

But there can be problems.

1) I've been waiting at the airfield and the plane hasn't been there, despite having online booking systems.....
2) Aeroplanes have been sold and replaced by (not as good) alternatives at short notice, plus in the interim there has been no availability
3) Aircraft which were based at one airfield have suddenly been moved to another 50 miles further away - permanently !
4) If you don't fly as much as you expect, you will loose your money!
5) Although you have no financial responsibility if the aircraft is U/S, you do really. If it is out of action for weeks or months, then you can't fly, but are still paying your subs.

Having said that, I'd be interested in a Twin Star at £100 per hour anyday! Base it in the South and I would consider something like that. I would ideally prefer an N registered one though.......