PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST - 2
Thread: BELFAST - 2
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2007, 19:51
gate 22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Easyjet v Flybe

Well it looks as though Fly-be are certainly trying to dent Easyjet's dominance at Belfast this summer, with Newcastle up to 2 daily, Gatwick to 5 daily and a weak attempt at Paris via Cardiff (which BA operated with a J41 several years ago-I wonder how successful that was - considering there were no direct non-stop flights to Paris then). I suppose from Easyjet's point of view an early morning departure to Gatwick, double up on Paris with an early morning departure out (as per their plans at Bristol) This would probably involve the addition of one aircraft (which I suppose is due at some point in the near future) With holiday flights leaving later in the day the six dedicated aircraft could serve the London's (3) Paris (1) Bristol (1) and Amsterdam (1) or 'Brussels' (The EEC capital missing from Belfast since 2001) with the additional aircraft a few extra holiday additions could also be thrown in like a Saturday flight to La Rochelle (what a waste that Ibiza flight is this summer) maybe a couple to Venice 'one can dream'