PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - System tray...grrrrrrrrr
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2000, 17:32
squeakmail

Arrow

Ah...been there, done that - didn't work (on two different computers with the same aggravting system tray).

If I do "Toolbars", the only "checked item" is "Quick Launch" - which gives me mini icons for Outlook Express and Internet Explorer...and puts them towards the left hand side of the toolbar (near the start key).

The ones that bug me are extreme right, in a box that includes the clock (which is set wrong [must go fix that today]} - the pop up titles for them include:- "V Shield" (Virus tracker is ON), "Task Scheduler is Ready", "Service Connection" (some direct link to Compaq web sites), "Volume Control", "Real Jukebox", "Disc Detector" (something that realises when a CD is in the Writer [does that really need a full time icon?]), "Sidewinder Joystick Softwrae Wizard", "Easy Access Button Support" (Keyboard configuration device), "Zone Alarm is On" (much as I like the programme, I don't want an icon on all the time), "First Aid 2000", "Real Player", "SoundBlaster Live Audio Mixer Controls"....then a couple of television sets that say I'm connected to the internet - those I can live with...but the first ten, I would like to lose.

Does this alter any resposnes from you gurus?

------------------
Animals...it's their World too!!