PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe to aquire BA Connect. Crew thread. (No Spotters)-(Part 2)
Old 6th Mar 2007, 17:18
Anotherflapoperator

Perhaps not wanting to go head to head with Easy is reason enough, but surely the location of Exeter is a major point as well. I know it's a fair drive if you're a Bristol resident, but from the South, the choice would mean dividing resources to compete against themselves, not good business.

A very sad day for all at Bristol. I for one will remember Brymon as the credit to the Southwest that it was, and shall remember the hard work, dedication and professionalism of all who served and deserved so much better than the nasty carve up job Waterworld delivered.

Had Brymon tied up with BRAL and the BRAL management without BA's meddling and interference, politics and complication, we might all have survived intact and stronger. Here's to how it might have been.

I've only visited Bristol twice, but thank you all for your hospitality and warmth while I was there. Those that manage the great Orange escape route, you'll be a credit to them and best of luck.

Remember, it shouldn't really be seen as FlyBE's fault that the base is to close, from a pure business standpoint, it wasn't really viable with Exeter so close and Easy so prominent and in favour with the Airport. A good Business chooses it's battles wisely.

At least there are other options reasonably close. For the IOM staff and engineers, the future is very bleak indeed. There may be full employment, but a lot of the jobs pay crap and in no way are comparable. My heartfelt sympathy also goes out to all the Viscount House and hangar staff. Best of luck.

Finally, what a crappy way to publicise the hand over. 900 flights cancelled! Great headline. As most of them are simply switches to code shared FlyBE flights, the lower number would have been better, routes only rather than the combined rotations of all the flights affected either way for the whole month.

It was nice to hear about all the cancelled flights whilst sitting in one operating as normal, funny that. It'll do wonders for the loads this month, not!

Best of luck everyone, let's hope the transition goes smoothly as far as possible.

Last edited by Anotherflapoperator; 6th Mar 2007 at 17:23. Reason: My spelling isn't what it ought to be!