PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANSTON
Thread: MANSTON
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2007, 15:39
Herne Bay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
press release

Infratil Airports Europe Limited (IAEL) are delighted to announce the secondment of Matt Clarke to the position of General Manager of Kent International Airport (KIA) on an acting basis. Matt is currently Group Transport Manager for IAEL, having joined the Company in September 2006.
His previous role was CEO at Rotorua Airport in New Zealand where he spent six years. Rotorua is a major tourist centre on New Zealand’s North Island with regular scheduled services from Air New Zealand and Qantas.
Matt, 27, joined Rotorua as Operations Manager and became CEO in 2004. Matt is also a private pilot with a degree in Management.
Since the departure of Phill Vann, the role of General Manager has been filled on an interim basis by IAEL’s Tom Wilson, the former Managing Director of Glasgow Prestwick Airport.
Tom has been appointed General Manager of Lübeck Airport from April 1 2007.
The secondment will commence in mid-March for an anticipated period of six months. A process to recruit a permanent General Manager for KIA will commence shortly.
Steven Fitzgerald, IAEL’s Chief Executive, commented: “I am certain that Matt’s CEO experience, knowledge of aviation and demonstrated aptitude for leadership and people management will ensure his success in his secondment to the General Manager role.

“I am also confident that Matt and the KIA Management team, with the backing of the IAEL Group, will continue the exciting development of KIA.

“KIA is already one the top 10 UK freight airports with a reputation for excellent service and has enormous potential to meet the growing needs of passenger airlines serving Kent and the South East.”

Matt said: “KIA is an airport with tremendous potential and I look forward to the opportunity to contribute to its ongoing success.”

Sounds like there be around for a while yet, I think to grow the freight business in a very competive market place.
I think they are doing well