PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatari threads?!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2007, 14:27
Goldstone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well said, The Big Why. A spot-on post.

I know many people with exactly the same questions. QR is basically a very good airline with massive prospects for the future (even if the country/city it's based in isn't everyone's cup of tea). But why oh why does the airline have to treat its staff so badly ... and not just flying staff ... the same applies to office based staff around the network. No compassion, no interest in staff welfare, no motivation, no listening, etc. etc.

Just imagine how good the airline could be and what a great place to work (except having to be based in Doha!) if it developed some reasonable HR policies.

The poison dwarf seems to be completely blind to all this and continues to run the company like a fiefdom (sp?).

Best advice I heard about whether or not to join QR:

Never under any circumstances give up a job (even a half decent one) to join QR. If you don't have a job and therefore have nothing to lose by all means give it a go.

Incidentally, I wonder how Biffa (ex BA sales) is getting on. Can't see him and the Chief working in the same building for more than a few months.