PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spirit Airlines
Thread: Spirit Airlines
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2007, 13:01
The Dominican

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The same thing was said about People's Express, Jet Blue, and that airline out of Vegas with shiny brand new 757's (I can't even remember how it was called) I don't know man. There are some places that thrive with growth and there are some others that start going into markets that are too competitive with mainline carriers to be able to survive, Maybe you guys will get lucky and be absorbed by the inevitable round of consolidation in the industry. I'm a believer that Jet Blue and other LCC's will disappear on their current form and one that will survive will be SWA by metamorphosing into a "Major"
Spirit, Airtran,Jetblue. Too risky a move and with abysmal salary rates (substandard even at regional levels) and it seems that you are putting all your eggs in the ALPA basket. Shows how little interaction and experience you have with our beloved union.
If you are young and want to get Airbus experience to build resume for an eventual career move, I guess Spirit and USA 3000 will do just fine. Good luck to you