PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TITAN Airways
Thread: TITAN Airways
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2007, 12:23
alleyslave2007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you are BA mainline at LHR, you would be absolutely mad to leave and join Titan. Titan have their main base at STN, and a smaller one at BOH. Your roster will show 90% sby, perhaps rostered duties in winter for sking flights and LDE flights in summer. In summer it would be busier, filling in for the likes of easyjet, bmi, ba connect, thomsonfly etc when they go tech. In winter it is extremely quiet. You would be lucky to get 4 days work a month. Sbys are 4am to 12 midday. 10am to 8pm, 7am to 5pm. This is not set in stone however, if you are out of hrs they can change this. When you join contracts are temporary. It took me 2 yrs to get a permanent one they kept adding extensions on to it. One person described Titan to me one time as "warped" and I think this sums them up very well. Their cabin management were recruited with no experience or formal qualifications in magement and this reflected in their treatment of crew, training, operations etc. It is very bitchy there, a lot of gossip about people etc. Duty hours will be whatever they they want them to be, hours are not regulated, positioning all over the U.K by taxis or air is common and they don't count it as duty! So you'll end up doing well over 12 hrs some days.
Flight pay is £45 per day. No 1s get the most, no 2 in charge of catering get less, no 3 is a junior position and they get even less.
When you bring the a/c back to base all the ashtrays, cupbords, seat pockets, bins emptied etc have to cleaned by you. If they are not you will receive a nasty note from management in your drop file!
They market themselves as being able to be airborne in 60 mins from the time brokers call them. This means you have to be at the a/c in uniform in 30 mins when you receive a "go now". This is very stressful as you can get them at any moment during sby. It doesn't give you any time to have a shower or make childcare arrangements etc.
I personally think if you are BA LHR crew, you are employed by the best airline out there. It would be suicidal to leave BA and join that unprofessional, shoddy, clicky bunch who are Titan. It is a decision you would regret.