PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sponsorship programmes?
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2007, 10:05
MIKECR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes im sure you could but the point im trying to make is this - You have made a commitment to fly for airline 'x'. They have sponsored you all through training, invested 80k in you and in return expect you to work for them for 5 years. Its not just about syaing 'thanks very much for my pilots license, now im off after a year...!'. For the likes of Highland, its a very unique type of flying your going to be doing. Before you go applying for such schemes you should be carefuly considering - is this the type of flying for me? Will I be happy living living there? Will I be happy flying TP's for 4 or 5 years if my ultimate goal is a big jet? Will I be happy with a TP salary for that period of time? What if I want to move on? If your a bit stuck for some of those answers then I would suggest that the likes of the Highland Scheme is not for you. It is a fantastic opportunity but YOU as an individual have to be happy with what your signing up for. Its not just about having someone pay for you to gain your ATPL so you can fxxx off after a year and fly 737's. The company are investing a lot of money in you, in return you should be honouring your commitment. This is all assuming of course that your bond is i fat for the 5 years I mentioned. Given the type of sponsorship involved I would imagine that 5 years is a realistic figure.