PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways
Thread: British Airways
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2007, 09:10
Gonzo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
groundbum

and Gonzo's profile says LHR which says it all really.
Yes, that's where I work. Not where I live. What has that got to do with anything?

it is awful having to hack down to London for a trip to someplace else in the world. Generally the total travel time is doubled, and the cost is nearly doubled. Eg it'll be £120 pound to get from Leeds to LHR via GNER and underground, and the fare to New York is £260 thereabouts. Plus you'll start at say 10am and be at LHR at say 4pm but couldn't safe book a flight before 8pm really for a flight time of 8 hours to New York!
Yes, I wholeheartedly agree. Which is why last time I flew to NY, I used Bristol with Continental.

Which means by concentrating at LHR, BA are losing out on my custom. But I don't really care about that, because other airlines provide for my needs, and someone at BA, a commercial company, has made a decision that they can make more profit from business class connecting traffic through LHR than they can by providing flights to NY from Bristol.

I really don't see why the name of the company is relevant. I'm sure I saw a QANTAS aeroplane at work yesterday. Long way from Queensland and Northern Territories.