PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - how Many are leaving ??
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2007, 22:55
poydras

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

It has been intresting to see the different point of views in this post.
I don' t work for CX( I do have an interview soon though).
I want just to say that I work as Cpt for a regional airline in the US and trust me they give you 7 sim session and if you are not "ready" by sim 5 you are basically out. No extra sim or help.
they send a company check guy (for session 5 ) which perform as seat fill and preatty much eveluates you. If you make 2-3 mistakes you are shoot down without vaseline.

My instructor (ex US airforce)for example was a screamer. His debrief were something like that: Well, that' s where you f*** up. Do it better tomorrow.No pointers, incentives or a single word of encouragement. So i did pass first shoot.But nobody helped.And this is at a REGIONAL level on the EMB 145.

Arrogance, power trips etc. are everywhere. I am not justifying any bad instructor or Check airman here if their behaviour is arrogant or God like.but everywhere you go there will be always a Cpt. a Check Air. harrassing you.So you got to face with professionality and try to get the most out of every sim and debrief session.Keep a positive attitude and pray.

After all to be the A/c commander is not just exhibiting flying skills.There is more than that. I am sure you all know.....

In the old country you couldn' t even address the Cpt. by his first name for God sake.Had to be always CPt+ surname.

On a side note, that instructor of mine eventually got on UPS. And guess what? he berely passed after he was jerked around by an old crusty retired navy pilot (which was his Check Airm.) ah ah ah ah..
drink a lot of water and eat figs........................

Ps forgive the form I am not american or of english mother tongue.
Saluti

Last edited by poydras; 5th Mar 2007 at 23:13.