PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe to aquire BA Connect. Crew thread. (No Spotters)-(Part 2)
Old 5th Mar 2007, 20:36
tristar500

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brain Fade, aspaceman and anyone else who has had a pop at EDI...
OK, so the deal is done. BA Mainline staff are out, Aviance are in. No more delays then, all things being equal EDI should be the best station in the network now - shouldnt it?
Iam going to end this post by saying that yes, EDI wasnt the greatest station in the network - I never said it was. It had its problems and we all know what and who they were. However no point crying over spilt milk - BUT please spare a thought for the hard working staff who DID try and who DID take pride in their jobs. We were greatly under staffed - moreso in the last 3 years. We were greatly under funded as we were the only station outside LHR to have their own loading/ramp section, this required vast sums of cash to keep going - evident in the LACK of equipement (if and when it worked).
Iam not making excuses here but look at the facts before decrying the station. There were also factors out-with BA Mainlines control... ie Constantly tech aircraft in the Connect fleet, constant weather delays with Loganair flights and competition from other airlines - (something BA could have dealt with years ago).
Now we know whats ahead, I sincerely wish everyone a bright and prosperous future whatever that may be. I have enjoyed my 10 years at BA through thick and thin. No hard feelings aspaceman eh?