PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Law
Thread: Air Law
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2007, 20:05
pchappo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wessex boy and sleeve wing - please re-read what i have said...

I am compairing the examination to the likeness of an old o'level exam - you know the ones which only require you to read and regurgitate facts and not actually understand or comprehend the information given to you.

I have passed my airlaw - and yes there are important fact to remember in there - but the majority of the facts have no direct relevance on the safety of you or your passengers.

Just having a piece of paper saying you have passed airlaw does not make you a safe flyer - it is the training you undertake which does that.

I suspect that the Airlaw exam is deliberately set in the way in which it is so that you learn to learn by repetition - and that it teaches you to learn in a very prescribed way (learning by repetition...) - very different to what other exams / qualifications do.

An example of this is the VMC minima - you get to learn it so you could almost say it in your sleep! - it is very useful later on for when you are deciding wether to fly or not....

Anyhow - safe flying all - and yes the exams are deffo more interesting after airlaw!

Last edited by pchappo; 5th Mar 2007 at 20:13. Reason: spelling and stuff!