PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aren't you bored to death as SO?
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2007, 17:30
CAN-NOT!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really wish you CX types would stop bringing up "standards" when speaking of how Cathay Pacific operates.

I don't think a single person who packed up and bailed out of Hong Kong was "afraid" of the Cathay "standards" (there goes that word again). What we didn't appreciate is the "political" system that some of the extremely prejudice games that managers/checkers play when it's time to sack/fail and/or demote someone. It had happened far too frequent in times past.

I am sorry but us "yanks" have too many options back home to have to put up with that. Why did Cathay NOT hire from the U.S for a long time? Is it because us "yanks" are not standardized, unprofessional (like saying "good morning" on the radio or asking for turbulence reports),...or simply because most will end up leaving in the middle of the night as soon as a good job back home arrives?

Most that are in Hong Kong for long term are some that come from places with very poor aviation industry (You know where). Some of you..should I dare say....ARE STUCK!! and you have no option but to like it.

The truth does hurt sometimes and I once again....am sorry.