PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 6
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 6
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2007, 17:27
NCL1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are normally 3 immigration staff operating at peak times, i no they have just extended there office, and immigration staff would like an even bigger area for this summer but airport management wont fork out the money for it! i no last summer esp saturday nights it was ridiculous, us crew had to fight our way though pax off all the main charters all queud up all the way down the channel. It will be even worse this summer! Imagine when on occasion you have international flights dropping from all your charters and int'l carriers! plus the expansion of Jet2!
At least the security search area is already getting work done to it, shouldnt have ques down the stairs this summer, fingers crossed!
Its about time they pulled there fingers out and did some work on the pier and the gates, i'm ashamed of some of the gate areas, what a welcome to Newcastle International!
Also fair enough all these extra stands off pier are being set up in order to handle the higher amount of a/c's being based at ncl, but what about the higher levels of pax?? the coaching gates take long enough to board, what happens when you have a few a/c's off stand all with close departure slots? I think they need to get more gates as well as stands, and buses, cant believe we often get 1 coach to board a 757!