PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BBC investigation into fatigue, working culture & safety standards
Old 5th Mar 2007, 15:34
oskar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
research bullying and contracts

What i would like to see researched is bullying within this company, there are to many management style people withinn the company that feel that they can intimadate, humiliate and cause undue stress to there workers. I also believe that contracts and treatment towards these contracts should be investigated. We all understood what we were suppose to get, but the annoying part is that when you either get promotion from second officer to first officer and captain they try to reduce your terms or do not give you a contract for months. they say you have to wait till april 1st, example you start with the company as a cadet in may, you finish line training in november and you do not get second officer contract till december, you then have 12 months probation in the company until the following december but you wont get your first officer contract till april the following year. It is soul destroying, I have known pilots and cabin crew who are deeply in debt and have to sleep in cars, missing mortgage payments, owing thousands on credit cards to live. This company has to be investigated, by someone that has b**ls and guts. I urge cadets and all pilots please please be very carefull when you consider a move to ryanair. Look at other possiblities such as sponsorship with other small or even companies like easy,flybe thomson. If you have lots of money to spend and are wealthy when then you have nothing to loose in ryanair, its aircraft are brilliant and the procedures and safety is good, but think in the back of your mind how the managers and mol make remarks about everybody from gordon brown to british airways and even there pilots and crew, but when some other party investigates them they get very very very upset.