PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL - 3
Thread: BRISTOL - 3
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2007, 10:43
Marco491

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BaCon/Flybe route changes

Suppose I am not the only one still up in the air on what new routes will emerge and what old routes will be scrapped following the Flybe/Bacon take-over? (As it turns out "up in the air" is where I won't have to be for a few weeks, luckily).

In particular every couple of weeks I commute FRA-BRS-FRA, before pushing further SW in a hire car, but today I see a new FRA route from... erm... don't know the code... Southampton.

Can't imagine Flybe would maintain both? Personally I would have preferred the BRS route to switch to EXE (sorry BRS), but Southampton looks even worse. That's virtually London, for heaven's sake. Until they can convince me they have a sustainable offer I guess I will be flying to LHR and then driving for four hours (make that five by the time you're out of the terminal and over to the perimeter) instead of two. Add an hour on for unexpected traffic problems on the way back and it becomes ridiculous.

Was hit by a cancellation at BRS recently and was bussed to LHR; so may as well do it by choice, in comfort and for a cheaper fare