PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe to aquire BA Connect. Crew thread. (No Spotters)-(Part 2)
Old 5th Mar 2007, 10:19
v man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spare a thought

Dash , I couldn't agree more.
To the non pilot workforce.
It could be inferred from within these many pages that pilots are arrogant self obsessed and full of their own importance, but I would like to go some way to redress the balance and dispell this perception. This forum is a place where we as pilots can let off a bit of steam from time to time amongst ourselves. We are aware that these pages are viewed by many, not just the pilot workforce, for this reason, today in particular I would like to add my humble ramblings to all.
We as pilots may have mixed thoughts about todays announcement, but the real story today is that thousands of people, europe-wide, (yes thousands) have woken up this morning to the prospect of certain redundancy (many of whom also read these pages).
I would like to offer my appreciation (and I am certain that I speak for all of my fellow BA Connect pilots) to the many staff that have conducted themselves in a highly professional and dedicated manner throughout this stressfull time. BA Handling / Check in / Engineering (engineers and office staff) / Airport Ops management / Ba Connect Ops Staff / Crewing / Nav Services / Rostering / HR / Accounts / IT / Head office staff and many many more, not to mention the impact on our service partners such as caterers cleaners etc. I wish you all the very best of luck for the future.
Pilots (Flybe and Ex BA connect)
I have made my personal decision to leave BA Connect after serving 14 years as a pilot with Manx Airlines/Manx Airlines Europe/BRAL/BACX, I wish there was another way forward for BA Connect but that was not part of the big picture, and so the deal is done.
I wish you all the very best in the future whether in or out of Flybe.
V