PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Next step up from a pa28 140?
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2007, 07:13
Cumulogranite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you were to consider forming a small group this would open a lot more options for you, it depends on what availability you want personally. I would guess that you don't fly every day, or every weekend, therefore set up a group of 3 or 4 including you. Make sure that you aren't getting the sort of guy that will disrespect the aircraft in any way (scraping bags along the wing comes to mind). This would open up things like the DA 40. Now that IS good for going places. The one I had a go of the other week is 120kt cruise (not a rocket, but not bad) and runs on Jet A1 with a fadec system, fixed gear keeps the costs down, and (I stand to be corrected here) 6 hours tanks. This means central / southern France in one go!!!! Or on basic maths 720 NM

Then there are some good examples of the turbo arrow, wobbly prop, dunlops away and all the toys in the £130K ish bracket. Speak to the guys that do your maintenence now, they might know of something coming up. And if buying an aircraft it makes good sense to become friends with an engineer anyway!