PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue EBA
Thread: Virgin Blue EBA
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2007, 02:35
flytheplanemay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I put this to all the current Virgin Blue crew:

What is the makeup of your fortnightly pay?

Base pay, Overnights and Available days.

The new EBA proposes overnight allowances based on the meal times you will be at an outstation. Minimum rest in Sydney would equate to $33.50 overnight allowance. Big difference to the current amount paid, regardless of time spent at outstation.

Available days. Being called out for a 3 day trip on Available days makes up a handsome sum on payday.

These days which according to the new document are 'Home Standbys' will still exist. WITHOUT the $21 per hour in addition to the base salary. And to add insult to injury, these times can be chopped and changed at the company's discretion. I thought this EBA was about lifestyle.

Lets not be fooled by the OPT days and DDOs. These are the last resort, after all Airport Standbys and Home Standbys have been utilised.

I wonder how many OPT days are going to be given each roster. My guess, minimal, and lets ask each other now, how often do you currently get drafted on a day off. I would imagine not enough to compensate for no extra hourly rate on an available day.