PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is this even possible?
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2007, 21:02
Curious One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the info, Krystal n chips, and others

From what you said, it is possible to knock somebody down or off a bike when the air concussion from an afterburn passes to closely to another person. But in the context of what this guy at work has been saying, I figure it is probably just a pointless story in some attempt to make him look funny in front of the other guys, especially the young guys. To be honest there are a couple of other ex-military guys, older guys, good chaps, at the plant and I've noticed them kind of smiling to themselves whevever this guy is sharing some of his stories from the past. He's only 5' 6'' tall and he has boasted about knocking some guy out with one punch at the mess one night, throwing a pilot through a door one night (I didn't realize officers and enlisted men partied together - maybe the Canadian military is different? )

Anyway, I'm writing the guy off as a blowhard "wanna-be warrior" with a short man's complex. I'm going to ask the boss not to pair me up with him on work assignments. I know a couple of other guys my age refuse to work with him - they find him annoying.

So thanks for the info. Maybe I'll call the guy on one of his "stories" next time he's holding court in the lunchroom.