PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Age Discrimination: Fighting the CAA! (+ update)
Old 4th Mar 2007, 20:45
Atters

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
for me it is less than 6 months, to stand down(the big 60) Why not 61,62, or 63. Ah 60 is a nice round number. Where is all the evidence that gives someone the right to stop me earning a living and supporting my family in the manner we have worked so hard to achieve.
A great many of us gave most of our years to the military and receive a pittance of a pension in return.
The CAA are made up of military experienced pilots who have ensured that their final salary pension will keep them comfortable, and hell no, they have no desire to go past 60.
The pension contribution and salary for the majority of single pilot rotary, has in general, until recently, been appaulling. Most ex-military reaching 60 need to get the extra few years in to boost their pension.
With the correct medical checks(As thorough as the CAA wish)there is no need for that 60 restriction. I will not go as far as to say that it should be unrestricted. These days 60 is not what it was. Every year extra allowed makes a huge difference to the quality of life after retirement.

Though it is too late to help me. I will willingly contribute £100 to help fight this descrimination. (Tell me were to send it.)

Flying Lawyer often gives good advice, If he has advice to offer that can help keep the costs down; I am sure he would make a lot of old farts now and in the future very grateful.