PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe to aquire BA Connect. Crew thread. (No Spotters)-(Part 2)
Old 4th Mar 2007, 19:55
tristar500

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bermudatriangle, couldnt agree more.
Ok flybe are a small outfit with limited routes and resources - in fact the last airline I expected to 'go for' BAConnect. Had heard that bmi baby were in fact preparing an offer and were pipped at the post by flybe when all this initially kicked off. However flybe have done it and I suppose we should at least wait and see how they fair... It may not be good at all for British Aviation, but time will tell - sooner maybe rather than later...
Its sad that BA have carved up more than a few airlines in recent times, with no regard to staff or passengers. Interesting how bullying is frowned upon in the workplace but ok in the grander scheme of things. (Big boy BA bullying the smaller companies).
Most of the 'out-of-business' airlines in recent years that have fallen by the way due to BA were actually very good at what they did, and had loyal following. BA came along and took over, taking away individuality, and customer focus. Dare I suggest mainly for the SLOTS!!!
No one with the exception of Sir Michael Bishop (bmi) and Sir Richard Branson (VS) has managed to survive in the UK airline business as long and as sustained but Iam sure BA wont stop their relentless quest for domination. However, with possible US airline ownership restrictions easing - who knows...