PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Selected Altitude input during SIDs
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2007, 17:55
Euroc5175

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Selected Altitude input during SIDs

Greetings,
I'd like to ask a technical question that arises as my Air Traffic Service Provider considers the concept of P-RNAV extended SIDs going to Flight Levels in the near future. I want to ensure that we understand what impact, if any, this may have on the downlinking of Selected Flight Level through Enhanced Mode S.
The question is this, what value is input into the Selected Altitude Window on the Mode Control Panel when departing on a SID that features a step climb? Is it (a) the altitude of the first step or (b) the final altitude / level associated with the SID?
For instance, if I have a SID that is published to finish at an altitude of 6,000ft, but that has step climbs at 3,000’ and 4,000’ due to interaction with other routes, do you put the 3,000ft or 6,000ft value into the Selected Altitude Window?
If possible, can you please include the type of aircraft that your response relates to, and if possible, the operating company as well as I suspect that procedures will vary from organisation to organisation.
Many thanks.