PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC-225 orders hot up
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2007, 15:21
NickLappos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having sold a grand total of 24, let's not get too carried away, Helicomparitor. Your claims about the S92 are as full of bull as those in the past.

The S92 has the most advanced rotor head you have seen, yet you foolishly say, "dynamic components on the 92 are very old fashioned" How much does EC pay you to say that? In fact, the flaw tolerant, strong as can be rotorhead of the S92 is far more advanced, and tougher, lower maintenance and more inspectable than that of any comparable helicopter. With longitudinal and lateral control power almost TWICE that of the 225, whose military cousins regularly run out of lateral cyclic when pushed to maneuver, by many reports.

You say "our maintenance guys are expecting" more maintenance but you don't publish the power-by-the-hour guarantees that come with the S92, you just spout your bulls**t. The reports I hear are that EC does not want to give power by the hour, and Sikorsky regularly signs hard contracts setting the price per hour. This alone has sparked several losses by EC 225 against S92, I understand. Yes, the S92 must be a bear to maintain, that's why the average offshore S92 flies many more annual hours that the average 332/225!!! I understand that the Norsk 92's fly over 2,000 hours per year.

EC and Bristow were caught with their pants down as they scrambled to somehow stop the S92. For far more purchase dollars and far more operating cash, the EC 225 has:

A small, cramped, less safe fuselage, where one stoops to crawl to the rear, and where one sits in oddly placed seats where the knees of one's love-mates are pushed into one's crotch (probably a nice thing for you, didn't you go to a private boy's school?) A fuselage that is 35 years old, and that barely meets the crash tolerance of the oldest helos now flying. The 225 does not meet the safety standards now common among modern helos, and demanded by many operators and unions around the globe, does it?

A much smaller, scattered baggage scheme - where crews on windy decks will carefully open and then latch what seems like dozens of little compartments strewn wherever the frogs could put them, all with separate little latches that allow doors to open and create flight hazards. I saw that scheme on a comedy show where the heads pop out of all the little compartments and tell a joke!

In fact, the 92 has sold over twice as many helos as the 225 - most as repeat sells to the folks who tried them out - because it is a significantly better, newer safer and less expensive helo to buy and to operate.

Not easy for you to take, you who published an internal Bristow "technical" report that doubled the S92's options weights so that you could look right! Must grind on you when Air Log shoved the 92's up your orifaces, Nick!