PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are there any nice companies out there?
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2007, 14:16
Dan Winterland

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Khaosi,

"well they shot from the hip and made the decision quicky."

Indeed, they had to. Although it wasn't apparent at the time, they were only a few days from going under it seems. I was one who got the letter, but like you my job was going to be safe as I was on the fleet that took no forced redundancies. I did actually get the letter to say my job was safe, but I had accepted another job and left.

So, I'm not bitter. I'm happy the way things turned out as I'm in a much better position now. However, some of those on the 340 and Classic fleets (several of which I work with now) do not have anything charitable to say about Virgin. I have been accused of being a bit of a Virgin 'knocker' on this site. I'm not really anti Virgin as they gave me a job straight out of the military (you got that bit correct, but not the aircraft type), a valuable type rating and a big redundancy payment. I just like to counter the 'everything with Virgin is brilliant' mentality that prevails on pprune, as no job is perfect - and having experienced Virgin, I can tell anyone that it isn't.

Sounds like we were both on the same fleet - we probably know each other!