PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Regiment in RAF News
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2007, 13:13
scroggs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why's that, Alex? Is it because you feel that discussion of an RAFP/RAF Regt. squabble would be outside the context of a site for British Land Forces (primarily the Army, of course)? You may be right; you'd probably get short shrift there, because they like to keep their site within their self-imposed context. Well, here's some news: so do we. Why do you think that such a subject should get greater shrift here? This is a forum for military aviation. Yes, of course we accept topics and contributors that aren't necessarily about aircraft or by aircrew, but the context must remain military aviation. The RAF News exchange of letters you referred to in your original post does not fit that context.

Now, I would be grateful to read some intelligent, considered and coherent debate on the topic, rather than the chorus of 'nyer, yah boo sucks' style of name-calling and abuse that has characterised many of the contributions on this thread so far - and, yes, I have deleted some. I don't have to tolerate personal abuse, especially when it's directed at me!

This forum will maintain its Military Aviation focus. If that's a little too restrictive for some of you, I'm sorry, but that's tough. There are forums on here where politics etc may be discussed, but there are inevitably subjects which have no home whatsoever on Pprune. Of course it's up for discussion, but, at the end of the day, you'll have to live with whatever policy we choose to operate. We can't - and won't - be all things to all men.

Scroggs