PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sydney precinct review????
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2007, 05:27
Annulus Filler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bolty McBolt Quote:Make special crews to work different aircraft types?
Being tried now, it works well, the guys do a good job but few would say it is a leap forward in efficiency as the guys left to maintain the rest of the aged International fleet are now disproportionately lower number than the dedicated A330 crews in per head per aircraft.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Partially true statement Bolty. Not that more efficient, just a different workpractice to what we thought was the norm. And doing things differently is what we are not used to, and I believe there is more to come. Sure there is a lot less of the rest of the guys to maintain the ageing international fleet but this should make no difference to the way YOU work. You can only do 12 hours of work on a 12 hour shift. No different to the way YOU worked before. If the aircraft don't make it due to manpower, thats not your problem. One day management might smell the roses.
As for the per head per aircraft statement I was a little confused. You will probably find the A330 crews have 4 elecos 4 mech and 2 cabos totalling 10 per aircraft, whereas the other aircraft crews you will probably find a crew of elecos, crew of mech and a crew of cabos at each aircraft totalling somewhere up to 20. Whether this is more efficient I don't really know. Looks good in the books though.