PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Schools Australia
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2007, 21:58
pilotads

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is it the average age of an aircraft in GA is 30 years. What do you expect a 30 year old car to look like. i've got one sitting out in front of me at the moment and i'm supprised its even on wheels. whats the average age of most hire cars 1 yr. so you expect flying schools should go out every year and replace there obviously aging fleet. Time to go out into the industry Tee Emm. Students mostly pay for hours not aircraft and comfort because they want hours cheap, charter passangers on the other hand do pay for aircraft and comfort, so what schools try to do is teach the student that when he gets his cpl and starts charter, to look after and clean the aircraft. In this case where the student is obviously doing a full coarse if the aircraft isn't clean in my opinon thats the students fault. As for looking grubby outside of being unclean, those aircraft have have what 16 different people per day sliding in and out of them (most are only are only learning how to handle them) for 30 yrs use your imagination on what they should look like and I bet your imagination should think of something worse than what the plane actualy looks like now.
Again I didn't go to this have never seen there aircraft so i'm only speaking generaly and for myself

Last edited by pilotads; 3rd Mar 2007 at 22:14.