PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic Master thread volume 2
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2007, 20:42
JCB 1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stansdead - come on man, read things carefully before you start having a go!

Firstly, most of us know that scroggs is not involved in Virgin recruitment and/or the policies thereof. I therefore preempted my original question by clarifying that I knew that, read it again.

Secondly, scroggs did indeed point out the experience requirements succinctly, and if you RTFQ I never said that I didn't like it, I just wanted his educated view, (or anyone else's for that matter) on the relevance of the fast jet thing.

...it is not going to change it's policies to suit your logbook or ratings I am afraid.
GOOD LUCK in your pursuit of joining us.
What part of "I'm not in the 1500hrs TT, CRJ/EMB rating bracket, and I haven't got an application in either." do you not understand stansdead???

My second post was just a reaction to scroggs' comment of "Happier now?" which I interpreted (possibly wrongly) as sarcasm.

Guys let's get one thing straight, obviously I am not qualified to comment on whether Virgin's experience requirements are right or wrong, I was simply interested in understanding the reasons behind them. If Virgin wants to attract a certain type of recruit then their requirements will obviously reflect that, and good for them.

I have several friends at Virgin from backgrounds ranging from RAF Hawk to civvy 146, and they are a very happy bunch, unfortunately on here I seem to have rooted out the 'snappier' types.