PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue EBA
Thread: Virgin Blue EBA
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2007, 19:01
wirgin blew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have just read the new EBA and can tell you already that I have at least a couple of pages for the FAAA to read and if I feel comfortable I might even talk to my DM about it. I think however I wont be going to the forums as I dont want to get stood down like a certain pilot for expressing my opinion.
They talk of fatigue management on the one hand then roster us up to 14 hours. They give us 12 hours rest at home. 10.5 hours before being paid overtime. I also read into the CAP371 table the possibility of MEL-DRW-MEL with one crew , the duty time of 10.35 ( thats 5 minutes overtime and a measly dinner allowance instead of the $90 we get now). MEL-PER-MEL would also be possible and they will be taking away half of the current allowance for this trip as well.
The allowances are less than what TC get even though we stay at the same hotel??? Does the ATO discriminate against us or is this another way for the company to save money through CC ignorance.
Am I wrong in thinking that this document hasnt been finished. Surely there is much more work to be done before the majority will agree.
--
Kittyblue I do have little faith in the company because they just reduced the crew compliment which is a productivity increase from our department of surely between 10 and 20%. These new work rules are going to further increase productivity by who knows how much. Surely we are entitled to stick our hands out and ask for some of this when profits have returned to record highs. A 3% pay rise is just under CPI so surely a 5% increase + 2% profit share would be more like what we should be getting??? Also as they are still turning over a large amount of CC shouldnt they be looking to fix the EBA so as to try and retain some of these people. Dont managment want to reduce sick leave. I am sure that they above mentioned flights will see a further increase in sick leave.
--
I know I can work under the new rules if they get voted in but we have a chance to change things now instead of complaining about them for the next 5 years. So once again I implore everyone to read this document and ask questions so that you understand exactly what other CC & CS's are talking about.