PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle or Edinburgh Jobs?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2007, 10:03
Maude Charlee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newcastle always used to have a link to airport jobs advertised on the airport website - it's where I found my first airport position. All baggage handling and ramp work etc is done by the two handling companies as already advised. The airport also have their own people employed in various roles airside, but these jobs are few and far between and often stitched up well in advance by the airport themselves.

Servisair have recently been cutting staff numbers at NCL due to the huge numbers of contracts lost by their stupendously incompetent management team, so I don't know how much recruitment they will be doing this year.

However, now is definitely the time to apply, and the process is pretty quick and painless. Your willingness to work the hours for the money on offer is far more important than your qualifications or experience, and for the rampies, the training is actually quite good. It's hard work, but the ramp teams are a good bunch of lads in both comapnies, and I'm sure you'll enjoy it if you get in.

Whatever you do, don't accept a job on check-in or passenger handling duties. You'll be looking to cut your wrists before Easter!