PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 3
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 3
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2007, 09:26
BHXvine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best in Business

Re: new Swissport manager BHX:
Well let's hope he gets something sorted here at BHX. Staff morale is at the lowest I've ever seen after nearly 10 years in the business, and 27 years of working life. Staffing is on the thinnest shoestring I've ever seen, the excuse from the Customer Services Manager being that this staffing level is always normal for this time of year (HELLO - never seen it like this). I could write an very large essay on some of the episodes I've seen over the last couple of months e.g. 1 despatcher and 1 ticket desk staff member departing AND unloading/loading a Swiss flight, which consequently took a 55 minute delay. Apparently there were no ramp/loading staff on shift. This is due to the fact that staff are not being paid overtime but given time off in lieu of extra hours worked because, we are told, of budgeting reasons. You couldn't make it up. I haven't. I'd have thought it was better to pay out a few hundred quid to cover staffing than maybe lose thousands due to an extremely cheesed off airline not renewing a contract as a result of this mularkey (although somebody will probably tell me different!)

Last edited by BHXvine; 3rd Mar 2007 at 09:34. Reason: Amendment