PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Open Skies
Thread: Open Skies
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2007, 08:16
jet2_at_blk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EZY/FR on Long Haul

I on the front page of the Times newsaper this morning that the Open skies agreement could see a plummet in air fares across the Atlantic wil LC airlines lurking.

I was thinking about EZY and FR. Being the two biggest LC carriers in Europe, and 2nd and 3rd biggest in the World (I think! ) surely they would want a slice of the action.

EZY

Easyjet would probably be the LC airline that would fly to major airports such as JFK and IAH, instead of the smaller airports which would attract FR.
I can see EZY using A332s on their routes, and maybe ordering A350s in the future. These would intergrate well with the fly-by wire a/c they already have in the A319s.
I think that they would seal off LPL and LTN for transatlantic flights, and maybe give NCL that link across the pond they always wanted.

FR

As I said above, FR will be attracted to the smaller airports with lower landing fees.
I can see FR using B763s on their routes, and maybe ordering the 787 in the future. These would also intergrate well into the FR fleet, with an all Boeing set up.
I think that DUB and STN would be FR's mainstays, but they could also venture out into EMA.
They may also be the first to offer 'Free' flights across the Atlantic. Afterall, you are on the plane longer, and the in-flight gambling they want to install may just make these fares possible!

All these ideas are just my opinion IF EZY and FR were to look at crossing the pond anytime soon.

This maybe the break many UK airports have been waiting for. MAN are still desperately trying to expand on the long haul (and are doing a good job), and NCL may get that link to NYC they have been longing for!

If this agreement does go through, sure this would make LHR by far the biggest airport in the world, not only on International passengers, but across the board. Chicago and Atlanta will have to watch out!

Anybody got any opinions?