PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - business management
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2007, 07:32
Swanie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
business management

g'day all
I'm currently looking into some further studies upon the completion of my CPL, IREX, and ATP's, (but before CMEIR) and have decided to look into business management. Nothing over the top no majors ect, just a diploma/advanced diploma, maybe part time through TAFEWA or a-like.
I was having a chat with a lecturer from my flight school, which put the additional qualification on the to-do-list. He basically said, if your wanting to get to the airlines, and make captain/or check, if certainly wouldn't hurt knowing how to manage a dozen odd flight crew, a few hundred paying customers, a multi-million dollar machine, and anything else that may happen inflight. Plus it's an extra tick in the box come interview time, and gives you something to fall back on, should the DAME cancel your medical.
my question is simple, to those that have done something similar, how did you find it, would you recommend it to others or was it a complete waste of time, in a practicle sense, and if you did it in Australia, where abouts?

cheers, Chris