PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrods grounded rumour
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2007, 07:16
Tappers Dad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honour,Code and Loyalty

My son used to quote this dialogue to me from the film "A Few Good Men (Usually when I asked him what he was doing ).It is in answer given to Tom Cruise's character Telling Jack Nicholsons character he wants the TRUTH.

"I know deep down in places you don’t talk about at parties, you don't want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honour, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then question the manner in which I provide it. I prefer you said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand to post."

I know I am a pain but I only want the truth .And yes I and millions of others are grateful that there are guys like you who are "On the Wall" .I too sleep under the Blanket of Freedom which you provide.
I am sure some people would prefer me to say thank you and be on my way but I am not going. All it takes is a "FEW GOOD MEN" to stand up and say NO enough is enough as they have with the Herc crash and the TRUTH will come out about the Nimrod XV 230 explosion.

NB.You caught me having a bad day