PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Expat Pilots In India !!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2007, 02:46
SkyMiles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They Say a Sucker is Born Every Minute

Hello my friend, there are several other threads on this very same topic. Why do you feel the need to start another one? India is good, bad, and ugly. It all depends on your tolerance for turd. No amount of posts on this forum will change your mind on whether you will go there or not. So suck it up and go see for yourself. I've been there and I won't go back, despite leaving quiet a fan club of lovely ladies behind.

So if you're skull is too thick to absord all the information that is already out there let me break it down for you again.

Good = plenty of overtime and good money
Bad = huge pilot shortage with 6 days on/1 day off roster patterns
Ugly = filthy living conditions

India is India. It is not Singapore, Tokyo, Shanghai, Vienna, Toronto, Cleveland, Billings, or anywhere else for that matter. It is a "developing nation" with about 800 million people living in poverty. Diseases such as leprosy still exist. They worship the whiteness of your skin. With one billion people you will find a lot of gorgeous young women. The old women are short, fat, and ugly (if you are wondering what your girlfriend will look like in 10 years). There is a growing penchant for all things Western. However, all the blue jeans in the world won't cover the indignities of their society (read caste system and poverty).

If that doesn't do it for you mate, then I don't know what else will. The only thing I can add is that there are more pilots leaving than are showing up. Some people like it, some people hate it, and some people are indifferent. I suppose you will never know which one you are until you fall for that beautiful cabin crew and have a case of diarrhea. Any questions?