PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ISLE OF MAN
Thread: ISLE OF MAN
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2007, 22:45
San Expiry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well put, JDB1052. I sometimes suspect that some of these manx2 posters are being paid to talk up that airline. Let's face the facts (and I'm not defending Euromanx here, because from what I hear from the Rock, they are starting to get a little too greedy on some of their fare pricing) manx2 are nothing more than a ticketing agency. Now, I use that emotive term purely because it was that charge that was used again and again against the credibility of the foundling Euromanx before the Seymours became involved. What was then an unusal arrangement (to the Manx) of wet leasing 'strange' aircraft (Beech 1900s) and non UK crews is now seen as normal so the manx2 arrangment now goes by with hardly a whimper. Quite rightly so, but don't forget that manx2's committment to the Island is not exactly massive despite what its very glossy PR machine might like to suggest. It has found a niche market and provides a better service (to and from Blackpool) than was previously provided. But in the turmoil of Manx aviation they are bit players at present and will need a lot more finance to expand as some of their 'supporters' would like to see.