PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bizjet Rookie!
Thread: Bizjet Rookie!
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2007, 21:18
potatowings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great Advice

Great advice guys,

Ricardo, congrats on your first jet job.

What I'd like to add for Ricardo is that biz jet flying is so incredibly rewarding, and don't be put off by the nay sayers talking about rosters etc... 95% of the time it's not that bad, and compared to my airline buddies, it is a superior lifestyle. My origional goal was airlines, but no way would I choose to go there now.

The biggest part of the job is ensuring the whole product is perfect, not just the flying, so work hard at ensuring the cabin, catering, stock etc is spot on, biz jet captains have a lot to do, so it's often best to stay out of their way until they have done their thing, cup of tea or coffee is always a good idea.

Pack as many clothes as you can without taking up too much of the hold. I've gone away on day 1 for a 5 hr day and got home 7 days later having been everywhere from Gothenburg to Marackech. And especially pack your swimming gear in the summer.

If you find yourself sat in the cockpit while the captain is waiting for your passengers, look through the departure plates and arrival plates and reveiw the route. Preparation is key. With the variety of work, you don't get to learn the routes like the airline boys do, so this helps keep on top of it.

Most of all, enjoy the views. It's a great job with great variety and I wish you all the luck. You never know, maybe we'll bump into each other down route.