PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Regiment in RAF News
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2007, 12:22
scroggs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I missed the two threads referred to above. You chaps do realise you can report threads that are inappropriate (or in any other way unacceptable), do you not? The Mods can't be expected to read everything that appears on these pages; we have jobs, wives/girlfriends, kids, houses, etc all demanding our attention as well!
Originally Posted by Talking Radalt
To dimiss the RAF Regt or any other ground trade as not worthy of comment based purely on the fact they never physically touch an aircraft is plain arrogance with a dash of ignorance.
There was no insult to the RAF Regt stated or implied in my post. Any such inference you may have taken is mistaken. Nor is there any statement in the original post what the topic was that caused so much angst in the RAF News. However, your suggestion that it was some RAFP/RAF Regt issue increases my feeling that it is not relevent to this forum.
Originally Posted by Talking Radalt
Personally I feel showing a little mutual respect and listening to the often-ignored gripes of the ground trades is the least we can do to show our appreciation of the work they do, and as such I have no problem with Rocks writing to RAF News, nor with further comment appearing on any aviation website.
I entirely applaud your empathatic approach to your non-flying colleagues and subordinates, but Pprune has no remit to be an unofficial RAF management tool. This forum is about military aviation. I have seen nothing yet that justifies the original post's inclusion here.

Scroggs