PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Regiment in RAF News
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2007, 10:02
scroggs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, chaps! You'll note, before this discussion goes any further, that I haven't edited, moved, locked or otherwise played with this thread. I anticipated that my comment might cause some reaction, and I'm happy to argue the point.

You might remember Pprune Towers' intervention a few weeks ago, when the number of 'copy'n'pasted' political-issue threads was becoming something of an epidemic, and it was mentioned that we'd like the Military Aircrew forum to regain its focus on Military Aviation. My point is simply to provoke further discussion as to how focussed this should be.

Patently, the fact that a certain pilot wants to, say, buy a particular type of car is of no relevence to this forum, even though he or she is 'Military Aircrew'. The subject is the car, not pilots, so it gets binned. Equally, the fact that some USAF officer has been convicted of rape is not about Military Aviation, it is about the civil offence of rape and the civil justice treatment of that crime - not relevent here.

Letters in the RAF News about the RAF Regt? Well, you tell me. Where is the relevence to Military Aviation, other than the tangential and circumstantial one that the RAF Regt's role is airfield defence? I don't see it, myself.

Scroggs