PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Being labelled crazy when coming to GA from Airline...
Old 2nd Mar 2007, 09:24
difrips

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for all the replies guys...

Its good to see I am not the only fool around

I am amazed as well that so many guys found themselves in front of exactly the same decision and what is more, that so many people did it for exactly the same reason: walking away from the boredom and repetition so typical for the life of an airline pilot!

And as some know it here apparently as well, it is often a very difficult decision. Management positions, uogrades, nice airplanes ...etc are all very well known tricks airlines use to keep us there! Only very few people have the courage and the balls to brake loose from all that and leave. This is even more so if you go , as they call it, BACK to GA!!!!

As far as I am concerned, I am not going back but forwards...

I lost my intrest in flying for an airline, hopping from SID to ILS, flying for 10hrs back of the clock to than do a fully automated approach in CAVOK conditions because both pilots are too tired to say a word, closed cockpit doors, 14 cabin crew that where told by management to stay away from those vilain pilots, same routes, hot seats without any decision making authority anymore etc etc etc...

I really think NJE can give me back my initial enthousiasm in flying and honestly, going there I know that this will be goodbye to the heavy metal stuff for good but hey....It is such a relief!

CVFLY, you must be that famous one from the neighbours next door....Good on you mate. I wish you all the best and maybe well meet in LIS soon.

AMEX, so you see its not only to get out of the pit mate. Its a lifestyle decision in all its aspects. I could have gone to BA and easyjet as well. Easy even as fast track command on the A319. I am on the list with Cargolux and CX called me for a second interview as Europe based FO....But I choose for NJE....A very difficult decision at first but now I cant wait to start there...Like tons fell of my back at the glimps of a second....

Let them call me (us) fools......I am sure we all know better while they never will...

Once more, keep the replies coming as I am really interested to read them all...